Last Updated: September 24, 2018
Collection of Information
When you use our Services, we primarily collect information from you that we need to provide the Services to you and to help us improve the ways we provide those Services to you, and only in a couple of ways: We collect information that you provide directly to us, information about the ways you use our Services (to help us understand how to improve things), and information about you that we get from other sources such as other founders.
Information You Provide to Us
As we mentioned above, we also collect information about the ways you use our Services, such as the types of connections you make, and the strength of those relationships, and how you generally use the Services. We do this in order to make improvements to the Services and also to help you assess the strength of your relationships in your network and figure out how best to make that network work for you.
Usage Information - Online Identifiers and Tracking
As we mentioned above, we collect some information about how you use our Services and to do that, we often collect online identifiers (cookies, web beacons, log information, etc.) that help understand how you use the Services on a technical level.
We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and track limited activities on the Services to help you in case you have a website issue and need support.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see the “Your Choices” section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We sometimes obtain information about you that we get from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you through our Services (like we described above). For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to, other users when they submit your name to the Services as a potential investor, or when they invite you to join our Services, or from publicly available sources. In addition, solely at your discretion, you might also have the option to access or register for the Service through the use of your user name and passwords for certain services provided by third parties (each, an "Integrated Service"), such as through the use of your Google credentials through OAuth, or otherwise have the option to authorize an integrated service to provide personal information or other information to us.
Use of Information
As we mentioned at the beginning of this policy, we use the information we collect for pretty limited purposes: We primarily use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to build and maintain your network of contacts, to add you and your contacts to our aggregated contacts network, to share your network of contacts with other users of the Services to whom you are connected (at your choice), and to otherwise administer your account. We may also use the information we collect to:
Provide you with customer service
- This includes sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
Updates, news, and marketing
- We use information about you to communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by NFX and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
Monitor trends, improve and personalize the service, and protect ourselves
- We use information about you to analyze usage and activity trends on our Services to be able to improve and personalize the Services so they work for you, as well as to protect ourselves and our users from fraudulent or illegal activities;
Other purposes -
Lastly, we may use information about you to carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
• With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. Generally, we make efforts to limit the information provided to these service providers to only whatever is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information so long as they have it;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of NFX or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
• Between and among NFX and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
• With your consent or at your direction. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Twitter “tweet" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa.
Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Third Parties
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
NFX is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We at NFX know that you are trusting us by providing us with information about you, so we aim to give you real choice in how that information is used and shared.
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your account and accessing or deleting information about you, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
If you choose to use an integrated service to connect your account, such as logging into your account using your Google credentials, you will be giving us the ability to access and store your name, email address(es), profile picture, URL, and other information that the integrated service makes available to us. You are always free to un-link your account from those services by emailing us at email@example.com
and letting us know that you’d like to un-link your account from the other service. If you choose to un-link your account from the integrated services, certain core features of our Services may not function properly.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.
Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from NFX by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
or write to us at:
NFX Capital Management, LLC.
140 2nd St., Ste 500
San Francisco, CA 94105