The co-founder of Trulia, Pete is a serial entrepreneur who built one of today’s most successful marketplaces. As CEO, Pete led the company from inception to one of the largest and fastest growing real estate websites in the U.S. with more than 50 million monthly unique users and a merger with Zillow in 2015 that valued Trulia at $3.5 billion.
Prior to starting Trulia, Pete was part of the founding team of lastminute.com, a leading European online travel site that was acquired in 2005 by Travelocity / Sabre Holdings for over $1 billion.
These experiences gave Pete a rarely acquired understanding of what it takes to scale a company from a great idea to a $1 billion+ exit, all from a founder’s perspective.
A frequent speaker at technology and entrepreneurship conferences, Pete is featured regularly on CNBC, Fox, Bloomberg, WSJ, and the New York Times.
He is also a guest lecturer at Stanford’s Graduate School of Business.
Non-profit activism including being the Founding Board Member of New Story Charity www.newstorycharity.org, focused on eliminating homelessness by building sustainable communities; As a Brit, a long-time fan of Arsenal F.C. in the Premier League of English Football.
M.B.A, Stanford Graduate School of Business
Masters in Physics, Highest Honors, University of Oxford
Henry Crown Fellow at the Aspen Institute
Member, Young Presidents’ Organization
- 3 Reasons Why NFX Invested In Let’s Do This, Now Joined by Serena Williams & Usain Bolt #How We Invest
- Entropy: The Unseen Threat to Startups #How We Invest
- The Next Frontier for 2-Sided Marketplaces: How Fintech Will Unlock Enormous Value #Marketplaces
- The Fundraising Checklist: 13 Proof Points for Series A #Fundraising
- NFX Podcast: Lyft vs. Uber and the Battle for Ridesharing Dominance #Network Effects
- The NFX of Trulia: Building a $3.5 Billion Marketplace #Network Effects